TRIP ANNOUNCEMENT: DISNEYLAND PARIS 2020
When We Go, Where We're Staying & What's On Our Bucket List for Our 2020 Trip To Disneyland Paris.
Published: 06 November 2019 by Debbie
TRIP ANNOUNCEMENT! I'm going back to Disneyland Paris! (woohoo!) I'm so excited to be going back to this wonderful place and this time I'm taking my big brother with me. It's his first trip to Disneyland Paris and I can't wait to show him around. This trip will be full of firsts, not only for my brother, but for me too - a different way of getting to Disneyland, a new hotel, new shows, new seasonal events, new dining experiences and I cannot wait.
So When Do We Go?
We're going back to Disneyland Paris in January 2020, so not long at all. Me and Lee have had a trip in January before and loved it. In January 2018 we got to experience the Star Wars season and it'll be back for January 2020. After booking our trip, Disneyland Paris also announced that a brand new Frozen season will also be happening at the same time as our trip! How exciting!
We'll be flying into CDG and catching a private transfer from the airport to our hotel. We've driven a few times from the UK and we've flown in and hired a car before too, so getting a private transfer from the airport to the hotel is a first for us. Once I'm back I'll be doing a full trip report and I'll let you know how we got on with this and any tips we've picked up.
We decided on a 4 day trip this time. At first I wasn't sure if this was too long, but given that my brother has never been, I'd like him to soak it all in and not be rushing too much from one ride to the next. So we fly out early on our first day, have 2 full days in the parks and then fly back late on day 4. So this should, hopefully, give us plenty of time to ride all the rides, meet the characters on our list and see the shows too. You'll find out how we get on in our trip report.
Where Are We Staying?
Another first for me, we're staying at Disney's Sequoia Lodge. I love staying onsite when we can afford it and our first choice is usually Hotel Cheyenne. But there was a 'Free Dining' offer running at the time we booked our trip and we realised that going for a 'better hotel' would give us a choice of table service restaurants to eat at, giving us better value for money. As there wasn't much difference in price, we opted for Sequoia Lodge.
We've not stayed at Sequoia Lodge before but it looks like the perfect winter hotel (the giant log burner in the bar looks like the perfect spot to warm up after cold days in the parks) and only a 10 minute walk from the Disney Village as well, we couldn't be happier. We've read online that the rooms could do with an update, but as a base for a theme park holiday, it wasn't enough to put us off booking it.
What's On Our Bucket List?
Get ready, because this is going to be a long one. With it being my brother's first time and a new season to experience, our bucket list for this trip will be pretty long.
01. Get the perfect castle photo. It's a must on every trip for me - it just has to be done.
02. Experience the new scenes on Star tours. With Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker coming to cinemas only weeks before our visit, we're hoping there will be new scenes from the film making there way into Star tours.
03. See Mickey's PhilharMagic. This is a new show/experience for me as it wasn't up and running on my last trip. So this had to be very high on my list.
04. Meet Olaf. Yes, from January, you will be able to meet Olaf in Walt Disney Studios. According to Disneyland Paris' website, Olaf will be a permanent meet and greet and not just available during the Frozen season.
05. Ride the "new" Tower of Terror. Another first for me, riding Tower of Terror with at least one of the new story-lines and drop sequences. I've heard good things about the changes and I'm hoping they're permanent and still around for our trip.
06. The Space Mountain Challenge. We got this idea from Helena & Martyn. The challenge is to ride Hyperspace Mountain 10 times. I don't know how realistic this one is given the length of our trip and how much we have on this list, but it's definitely worth giving a go.
07. Ride the wildest ride in the wilderness. One of my favourite rides in the whole of Disneyland Paris is Big Thunder Mountain. This is one of those rides I love to do at least once a day. This should be an easy bucket list entry for us to achieve (so long as it's up and running)
08. Get a front row view of the parade. Disney Stars on Parade is a wonderful daily parade full of character interactions. With us visiting at a quiet time of year, getting a front row view should be easy enough.
09. Get a hug from a Wookie. Chewbacca is meeting guests during the Star Wars Celebration and getting a hug from the famous Wookie is a must do entry. He is sometimes joined by Rey, so fingers crossed we can cross 2 characters off our list with one meet and greet.
10. Try a new restaurant. Disneyland Paris had a great choice of bars and restaurants, but I tend to go back to the same ones each trip. So this time I'm planning on trying at least a couple of new places.
11. Buy a new mug. This is going to be an easy one to do as it's become a bit of a tradition for me now. I simply cannot leave Disneyland Paris without coming away with a new mug.
Check back soon to see our trip report. Let us know in the comments below if you have a Disney trip booked and what your countdown is.
Whilst you're here, why not check out our other Disneyland Paris posts: